Lime Stem Dye Absorbit
- Absorbit Lime
Frequently bought together:
Design Master Lime Stem Dye Absorption Powder, a Steam Dye for Fresh Cut Flowers.
- For best results use flowers that have been dry packed and stored in the cooler.
- Quickness of dye absorption varies with flower type and variety as well as their hydration state.
- If flowers have already been hydrated set them out of water for about 3-6 hours before dyeing.
- Use warm (100-110 °F) water to dissolve dye.
- Mix thoroughly 2-3 teaspoons of Absorbit per quart of warm water : 8-12 teaspoons per gallon.
- Strip lower foliage and recut stems.
- Place stems in dye solution for 30-60 minutes. Remove flowers from dye solution at the first sign of color above the calyx. Then rinse dye from stems and recut. Transfer to water with flower food. This step allows the dye remaining in the stem to travel upwards and intensify the blossom color.
- Do not increase concentration of dye. Formulation includes a wetting agent that is pre-calibrated. Increasing the wetting agent will actually deter the uptake rather than its prescribed enhancement.
- Roses sometime will have difficulty achieving even coloration. Keep the temperature of the dye mixture at 100-110 °F/40 °C during dyeing period. This can be done by inserting bucket into a water filled crock pot or on a heat table. If blossom appears spotty after dyeing time, transfer to a bucket of warm water and allow hydrating further…overnight to a day.